Junior Festival Chairmen
Missouri Junior Festival Chair: Chris Vitt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Missouri Gold Cup Chair: Yukiyo Lake, email@example.com
Missouri Junior Competition Chair: Kathe Quigley, firstname.lastname@example.org
District I Director David Tauscher, email@example.com
Federated Music Teachers of Kansas City
Festival/Cup Chairman David Tauscher, David@Tauschermusic.com
Warrensburg Federated Music Teachers
Festival/Cup Chairman I-C Mia Hynes, firstname.lastname@example.org
District II Director Judy Shaw, email@example.com
Show Me Music Club, Columbia
Festival Co-Chairmen Chris Vitt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Festival Cup Chairman Yukiyo Lake, email@example.com
Festival Chairman Jan Houser, firstname.lastname@example.org
District IV Director Oksana Shpringman, email@example.com
Festival Club Chairman, IV-A Beverly Luster, Luny2n@aol.com
Festival Club Cup Chair, IV-A Kay Sherrill, firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtuoso Club Chairman, IV-B Marlana Strasburg, email@example.com
Classic Kids Seniors Chairman, IV-C Sarah Walseth, firstname.lastname@example.org
Classic Kids Seniors Cup Chair, IV-C Julia Yu, email@example.com
St Charles Area Chairman, IV-D Eugenia Fleischer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Melody Makers Chairman, IV-F Melissa Trippeer, email@example.com
Melody Makers Cup Chair, IV-F Janna O’Hara, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chopin Club Chairman, IV-G Diane Pfleger, email@example.com
St Louis Suzuki Chairman, IV-H Cheryl Stewart, firstname.lastname@example.org
St Louis MPAC Chairman, IV-J Marchnee Strong, email@example.com
District V Director Betty Watson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Springfield Chairman V-A/C Cindy Dittrich, email@example.com
Pick-Up Notes Chairman V-B Jennifer Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carthage Devotees Chairman V-D Dr. Rebecca Cutler, email@example.com
District VI Director Gay French, French4@onemain.com
Wednesday Music Club Chair, VI-A Barbie Pemberton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday Music Club Cup Chair, VI-A Arda McMullen, email@example.com
Encore Club Chair, VI-B Marge Main, firstname.lastname@example.org
Allegro Music Club Chair, VI-C Gay French, email@example.com
Junior State Competition is May 18, 2019 at 1:30p in Shuck Recital Hall on the River Campus of Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau, MO
State Competition Rules:
- Each festival may send 1 pianist, 1 vocalist & 1 instrumentalist. (Districts 1 & 4B will send 2- due to high enrollment of pianists)
- All students must be in 10th grade or above.
- Pianist must be chosen from the piano solo event, and their Jr. Festival performance level must be D1 or above.
- Vocalist may be chosen from Art Song or Musical Theater.
- Instrumental winners must be at Solo level D1 or above or Concerto level Junior III or above.
- Each student will perform 1 selection at the competition. This must be a selection that they performed at this year’s Junior Festival.
- No student may come to represent their district 2 years in a row. If they come to State competition during one year, they must wait out a year before coming again. This is a way to give a wider number of students the opportunity to experience the State Competition.